Monday, January 14, 2013

If its important, you will find a way

On Sunday I completed my first 15k. It was my farthest race ever!

For a crowd of 19,000 plus I have to say it was pretty organized. The route was really hilly. Once you topped one hill you were going up another one. 

My goal was to just finish the race, but I was pretty happy with our time too!



It was the Hot Chocolate 15k. While it was way too hot for hot chocolate and a sweatshirt we did get some great stuff for running all those miles.






I ran the race with a Co-Worker, we have been running together for a while now but it was our first race together.


I was hoping to have also ran the race with my child hood BFF and my running soul mate. However she is pregnant so she gets a pass! ( Until about Thanksgiving at least )


I also have to say that this time a year ago I was still recovering from major foot surgery. I was  rolling around on a scooter. After six weeks of recovery and month of re-adjusting I decided to make some changes. The quote/thought below sums it all up!


No comments:

Post a Comment